Production co-ordinator (unscripted) courses open
The programme is open to:
- Individuals at the early stages of their career and already working as a runner, production secretary, production coordinator or production management assistant who want to focus on developing a career in production management.
- Those who work in other roles in the industry such as editorial, technical and craft who are looking to move into production.
- As well as those working in scripted or corporate/commercial who want to make the move into unscripted TV production.
- Those looking to return to unscripted TV production after a career break.
- Those from other industries who have transferable skills and/or experience eg working in admin, travel agents, theatre, events etc.
The courses are taking place around the UK on various dates between 10 January and 29 April. They include production co-ordinator training; 6 x 1hr mentoring sessions with industry professionals and up to 12 months of paid placements (4 x 3 months).
The training programme is heavily subsidised with a fee of only £200, payable by successful delegates or their employers, with bursaries available for those who require support.
Also on The Knowledge
RD Studios, a new, 45,000 sq ft filming facility, is set to open in April in Park Royal, London, providing five sound stages within the M25.
Netflix is ramping up its commitment to UK-produced scripted content with a commission of five new dramas, all of which will film in the UK next year.
The new season trailer for Peaky Blinders, and several scenes from Series 6, used the Castlefield area of Manchester to double for 1930s Birmingham.
Gaumont UK is developing a series adaptation of Dog Rose Dirt, a dark psychological thriller from award-winning writer Jen Williams.
Marvel’s latest superhero feature, The Eternals, filmed in north London locations in 2020 with the help of FilmFixer.
As the UK’s production boom continues unabated, the shortage of skilled crew is raising alarm across the industry, and instigating an urgent BFI-led review.